Best Diets for Weight Loss Of 2023, Reviewed By Experts
For the sixth year in a row, with a final score of 4.6/5, the Mediterranean diet (also known as the Cretan diet) ranked first in all categories among the 24 diets studied.
- Best diets for weight loss: The WW diet, formerly known as Weight Watchers.
- Best diets for healthy eating: the Mediterranean diet.
- The best diet for your heart: The Mediterranean diet.
- The best diet for diabetes: The Mediterranean diet.
- Best diets for bone and joint health: Mediterranean diet and DASH diet linked.
- The easiest diet to follow: flexitarianism.
The Mediterranean Diet
The health benefits of the Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet is known to have beneficial effects on the body, reducing for example the risk of cardiovascular pathologies.
Good compliance with this diet has been correlated with weight loss and a decrease in blood cholesterol levels. Such a diet has also been shown to have a health benefit in limiting the occurrence or evolution of certain neurodegenerative or cancerous pathologies. Finally, the bacterial composition of the intestinal microbiota, under the influence of the diet, is positively modified by the Mediterranean diet.
The Mediterranean diet has been praised by many studies for its health benefits, ranking high in the following categories:
- Diet for overall health
- Fruit and vegetable diet
- Heart healthy diet
- A beneficial diet for reducing diabetes
- The simplest diet